- My JV baseball team went 4-13 and everyone tells me that we did a great job with that team to win 4.
- I lost 16 pounds because I don't sit in a cubicle all day.
- I got called up to Varsity and we proceeded to run through the post season like a hot knife through warm butter beating the 4 time defending state champs and capping the season by winning the greatest high school baseball game ever played 9-8 in 10 innings to win the school's first State Championship in 22 years. (size 13) Rings baby!
- Some random drunk girl molested me through my wranglers at a Kenny Chesney concert. incidentally, I was really impressed with Sugarland. They brought the house down for an opening act.
- I got hired to teach three sections of freshman English and two sections of sophomore English as well as take over the head JV baseball coaching spot.
- I have two more friends that are expecting their first children.
- I contracted out my fantasy draft and then proceeded to neglect my lineup for over a month signaling my complete disinterest in fantasy baseball. Luckily, I also never paid my league fee.
My father once told me that when he was teaching he couldn't wait to get to work in the morning. For the first time in my professional life I feel that way. I love working with the kids and I love working with people who are passionate about working with the kids. Also somebody is actually going to pay me to spout off about baseball. And I don't have any apprehension about my ability to be great at it; also a professional first. So there you have it. The blog has outlived its usefulness. I have crawled the five hundred yards through shit smelling foulness (telesales/unemployment) that cannot be imagined and come out clean on the other side.
Peace out bitches!