Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Meetin' Trent and Sue for some drinks.

I have two sets of friends. One group is settling down, getting married, and starting families. This group gets together at somebody's house to play cards or watch sporting events. The other group is made up of guys who are still single and go out to bars and clubs. I spent Friday night with my boys losing at hold em' (-$40) so tonight it's time to morph into Johnny Social Scene and hit the town. My friend Blondie is getting married next month and her fiance' is in Vegas for his bachelor party this weekend. She told me that she would give me a call if her and her friends were going out tonight. I have also had discussions with my buddy PZ about going to Chez Nous tonight. Chez Nous is an old school cocktail lounge in Phoenix. I've been bugging my friends to go there for a couple years now because it's cool and different and I've lived here too long and been to all the clubs and bars too many times. So here is tonights' agenda...
  • Watch Patriots v. Broncos at home. Prediction - Patriots by 7.
  • Chez Nous around 9PM for some drinks, music, and ambience.
  • IO to finish off the evening. IO is a club in Scottsdale that I haven't been to yet. PZ tells me that it will be our new regular hangout for 2006. We'll see.

At some point I may meet up with Blondie if she calls. So, it looks like I'll be going to some fun new places tonight and possibly drinking to excess. Good times. It's probably too early for my first drunken post, so if anything postworthy comes from the night, and I sincerely hope it does, I'll post it tomorrow.

I can't stomach the thought of going out to clubs with this monstrosity on my upper lip. I want to shave. My roommate, Skins, thinks I will miss a precious opportunity to use the timeless, "Who wants a mustache ride" line on some unsuspecting young lady. So, do I go for self respect and give myself a fighting chance at hooking up or do I embrace the comedic value of the stache' and just hope for a good story or two?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home