Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Thursday, January 19, 2006

To post or not to post?

I am conflicted (This is not uncommon). I am fairly excited about this blog and I want it to be good. I keep having ideas for posts throughtout the day. My brain starts composing mental posts and I think, "That's good. I should get that down." An instant after I start thinking that I am clever, funny, and insightful I counter myself with, "I can't write about that."
I am still trying to figure out the protocal. Should I write about work? Should I write about my friends? Should I write about my family? If so, should I change names and dates to protect the flagrantly guilty?

Here's an example. I have a family member who has become a member of the posse' of a certain pop icon. This could be considered interesting to some and there is no doubt that I could have some fun with it. For instance, last night I asked him, "Are you required to have name of said pop star's famous song as your ring tone?" everybody had a good laugh. But I don't want to offend or embarras anyone (this does not apply to Bill Bidwell. he gets cyphallis). I don't want to reveal anything I'm not supposed to. Most importantly I don't want this blog to be a source of trouble for me.

I have two thoughts about this. One, if I don't have enough interesting material from my own life to cover posts in some obscure blog than I have bigger issues. It also means I need to get more creative. There are people out there that can write 500 words about a ham sandwich and make it entertaining.

So, I have decided not to post the real names of any friends or family (I'll try to keep the nicknames straight). Public figures are fair game. I'll decide on a post by post basis what is appropriate and what is not. My BAC at the time of posting my at times effect my judgement on these matters. I may throw in a review of a movie/tv show/book on occasion because that's something I think I might enjoy (The Office is on tonight!). You can be sure that I'll throw in my $0.02 on sports related matters. I may comment on current events/politics if the mood strikes. If I ever get a date... well let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

editor's note: Religion does not play a role in my life and I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.

1 Comments:

Blogger ambs77 said...

i can hear your brain ticking clear over here.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home