Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Monday, March 20, 2006

TTAWT XVII

Ooo-kay. Let's just all pretend that last post never happened. OK? Good.
Sunday morning was draft day baby! 9:35am was the official start time for the live online draft for the 17th edition of the Tap That Ass World Tour (TTAWT) fantasy baseball league. I had planned to keep a running diary of the events Simmon's style using the digital voice recorder. The action was fast and furious and I just couldn't multi-task that well. Here are some highlights.

I arose at 7am to make a McMuffin run, make sure I had internet connectivity, and take a quick peek at MLB news to make sure nobody important got hurt last night. As Go Time rolled around I had my war room ready. The TV was rotated so I could watch Bradley destroy Pitt. My computer desktop had 3 screens going: The draft (Yahoo), The Excel spreadsheet containing my draft sheets, and the Windows Media Player with my playlist on shuffle. I lead off with "Let's Get it Started" by The Black Eyed Peas.

Every year somebody misses the draft. This year was no exception. Its always for the same reasons. This year AI slept in and missed the first 7 rounds. ironically, the computer auto-drafted him a better team than I drafted for myself. Stoner once again had connectivity issues and had to have "Clown Fucker" draft for him.

editor's note: That nickname is the best random original expletive I have ever heard. There was no context. Big Al just called the guy a clown fucker.

The message board was relatively tame this year. The usually boisterous Whatta barely made a peep. There were the obligatory references to participants ethnicity, "Skins (who's half Korean), Hee-Sop Choi is still available." and one of the new guys being refered to only as "The Canadian". There was disapproval of peoples' picks: Spicoli on my pick of Garrett Anderson, "That was a nice pick. Three years ago." There was also this exchange...
Me: I'm feeling confident.
PZ: Maybe you should read your blog.
Me: Ouch.
PZ: Sorry Yo.

In a related story Skins' team name is Special K. Thanks Dick.

This was probably my worst draft since I started playing fantasy baseball 4 years ago. I usually draft well and manage my team steadily down the standings as the season progresses. Thats' my M.O. Anyway, here is what I ended up with.
  • C Victor Martinez
  • 1b Shea Hillenbrand
  • 2b Alphonso Soriano
  • 3b Nomar Garciapara
  • ss Edgar Renteria
  • OF Johnny Damon
  • OF Jeff Francouer
  • OF Moises Alou
  • BN Garrett Anderson
  • BN Jose Guillen
  • BN Louis Castilla
  • BN Connor Jackson
  • BN AJ Pierzynski

  • SP Roy Oswalt
  • SP Roy Halladay
  • RP Huston Street
  • RP Jason Isringhausen
  • P Jon Garland
  • P Matt Morris
  • P Jeff Weaver
  • P Derek Lowe
  • BN Adam Eaton
  • BN Jose Mesa
  • BN Jamie Moyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home