Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blogpourri

Transcript of actual voicemail on my cell phone this morning.
"When...Are...You Going...To Update....YOUR FUCKING BLOG!"

My apologies. There have been a handful of things I've wanted to comment on recently but I haven't taken the time to sit down and work through them. Conceivably, each of these could and should be a complete post. I may yet write about any or all of these things in more detail, but for now here is a smattering of events, thoughts, and observations. I encourage comments.

I put in my two weeks notice on Monday. I have mixed feelings (unbridled joy/nervous energy). I'm getting responses to my inquiries, but they are all sales jobs. I could make considerably more money almost immediately, but I still don't love sales.

Every year around this time I get to witness some variation of this exchange...
Interior: A bar. A large crowd is drinking and having a good time. "Hollaback Girl" playing loudly in the background. My buddy PZ is conversing with a young lady. She may or may not be attractive.
Young lady: So what do you do for a living PZ?
PZ: I'm a Bracketologist.
Young lady: Um, what?
PZ (pulling a small laminated NCAA Tournament bracket from his back pocket): See this here? I have Bucknell in the Final Four. They're RPI isn't the strongest but this team is tournament tested.
Young lady: Whatever. Is your friend Spicoli seeing anybody?

The WBC is here to stay. Right now everybody is into this except the Americans and that's just fine with the folks at MLB. They're doing this to reach the markets in Latin America, Asia, etc... It's working. It's going to be played every three years so they've got time to work the kinks out.

I was so happy when I read the SI excerpts of "Game of Shadows" that I performed Riverdance in my living room. What a douche'. Barry Bonds needs to be banned for life Pete Rose style. You want to put an end to the steroid scandal? Ban Barry from The Hall. I guarantee the players would hear that message loud and clear. This won't happen, but if it does I'm throwing a Bye Bye Barry party and you're all invited.

Whatta left a 5 minute message on my phone lamenting the loss of my manhood. Apparently some of my posts have given him the impression that I am no longer practicing the teachings of
Doc Love. What can I say? On occasion I get lonely and when I am in this state of mind I'm not that interested in being a challenge. I am also not smart enough to avoid the keyboard when I'm searching for my mojo. Keep in mind that those posts are a reflection of how I feel at that moment in time. There are plenty of other times where my confidence is high and I'm quick to double down on 11.

I'm fascinated by HBO's new show Big Love. I'm not LDS but I live in the second largest Mormon community in the US. I've known people involved in plural marriage and I read Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer. In my opinion polygamy is a religious front for pedophilia. I can't believe they are presenting a scenario in which there is an acceptable way to do this. I'm really interested to see what kind of reaction this show gets from the Mormon Church and the general public.

JP The Bear, one of my college roommates from Iowa, is in town on a family vacation. Last night I bought him and his wife some Mexican food. It was only a matter of time and Coronas before he brought up the time that I jokingly went chest to chest with him and he jokingly tossed me like a beach ball at a Jimmy Buffet concert.

One of my coworkers just asked me for the address of my blog. I never told her I write one. Somebody ratted me out. I suspect Blondie.

This post scores a 5.6 on the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level scale. Whatever that means.

6 Comments:

Blogger ambs77 said...

Super blondie? or just blondie (being me). :-)
Cause I was pretty sure that when we took the blog oath of secrecy, i wasn't dreaming. ha ha.

YAY!!!! NO MORE ELWOOD FOR YOU!!! Gotta feel good!
I'm proud of you for taking the next step, even if there's a little extended corona vacation in between this and finding your next opportunity. Enjoy it.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Pudge said...

Super Blondie. Actually, this person mentioned that she was never allowed to view your blog due to said oath, but I figure since you no longer work here and I no longer work here...well I gave her the link to Zihuatenejo. I'm sorry. I get a warm fuzzy when people tell me they enjoyed something I wrote.
On a fun note I had this exchange with The Billy:
Billy: What's up?
Me: Nothing. You ever go to a Jimmy Buffet concert?
Billy: Yeah.
Me: Do they toss beach balls around in the crowd?
Billy: Yeah...why?
Me: No reason. I just always wondered about that.
Billy: WTF!? You're weird.

2:50 PM  
Blogger ambs77 said...

The Billy, as in BJ?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Pudge said...

No. The Billy as in The Hillbilly(PD). The guy that didn't want to go home to his wife after softball last night and kept me out until 1am on a Wednesday night which is why I'm home today nursing a hangover.

6:48 AM  
Blogger ambs77 said...

oh duh. the same guy that puked on my back patio last summer and didn't go home to his [fiance at the time].

ha ha. i miss him!

9:19 AM  
Blogger ambs77 said...

Hi Blondie!!! :-D

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home