Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weekend Update

As a tribute to the incomparable Filan I will blatantly rip off her "Weekend update: by the numbers" idea that she blatantly stole from someone else….

4 $0.99 margaritas at Via De Los Santos Mexican Restaurant.
- These margs are made strong enough to fell a moose. Best deal in town. $5.00 = hammered.
1 time my buddy PZ (Italian) remarked, “These margs are talkin’ to a nigga.” Loud enough for people to hear.
1 high school basketball game attended with PZ, Spicoli, and Snowman at which we knew nobody playing.
1 time my buddies and I noisily chanted “Spicoli Sucks!” as Spicoli left the gym to go to dinner with his girlfriend.
1.5 hours spent watching my niece (7 yrs old) and nephew (5 yrs old) play youth basketball. My nephew scored his first basket ever on an assist from his sister. (swelling with pride)
5 hours spent shopping apartment complexes in the east valley.
45 minutes spent waiting for haircut only to have barber use clippers on the top of my head after I told him to “Take a little off the top.”
1 trip to Dos Gringos in Scottsdale to attend Filan’s Bon Voyage Gala.
9 Coronas consumed without catching so much as a buzz.
1 loud accusation to nobody in particular of a conspiracy involving said Coronas.
1 dance performed by
Bunny, apparently a combination of Reggae and Mexican styles, that she dubbed “Rexican”.
1 comment made to Skins about one of my coworkers being openly gay to which he replied, “It’s obviously that guy.” While referring to a straight coworker with metrosexual tendencies.
1 metrosexual coworker who said to me, “How cute is this guy?” (referring to me) right after I assured Skins that he was not gay.
1 concession by my buddy Adam that had I not prematurely shaved my mustache, I would have won the contest.
1 conversation with Filan about her previously secret opportunity in Iowa, after which I was really happy for her. Good things happening to good people; gotta love it.
1 text response received at 4:57am!
4 glorious hours sleeping in on Sunday.
1 application for apartment turned in to apartment complex.
1 dinner of baked lemon herb chicken and stir fried vegetables made by Skins. I’m gonna miss having a roommate.

1 Comments:

Blogger ambs77 said...

you're sweet. glad you came on saturday. and yes, i was still up at 4:57am. had to go out in style. shit, 'yo. "you know how i roll." ;-D

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home