Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Thursday, February 02, 2006

This is how I roll

I had phone discussions with both PZ and Whatta about the previous post. They would have preferred that I not post it. I was leaning towards not including it because I do consider Whatta a good friend and I didn't want him to get bent out of shape. Then I was driving back from lunch rockin' out to AC/DC and ZZ Top and I thought, "Screw that. Nobody puts Pudgey in the corner!"
Editor's note: This will be the first and last time I quote Dirty Dancing in a post.

I'm going to post what I want, when I want, about whom I want. End of story.

There are three basic reasons I started this blog; one of them moved to Iowa. Another is that I enjoy the writing. I want to play around with comedy writing, descriptive writing, opinion pieces, etc... I want to see if I can be good at it. The last reason is that I most likely suffer from
PAPD and I can always use another outlet. So, if you know me, be warned that there is a 100% chance that I post more than a few long winded introspective overly analytical diatribes about why I'm nearly 30, stuck in a low paying dead-end job, am a huge disappointment to my family, and women flee from me like Calista Flockhart from a Krispy Kreme. (Now that's a run-on sentence baby!)

Maybe writing here will help me cut down on the Costanzaesque blow ups in real life. Maybe not.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luchy72 said...

writing less is the new writing more!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Pudge said...

Ha! Point taken. I've gone back and read some of the things I've written and even I couldn't get throught it.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Luchy72 said...

I wasn't try to say you write too much. I was hoping to psychically transfer the concept that sometimes just writing isn't enough to satisfy.

I started blogging for similar reasons as you; I enjoy writing, have done it professionally from time to time. So I started blogging about everyday stuff so I could "hone my chops" a bit and stay in practice...but I quickly got bored and dissatisfied, since there wasn't a specific purpose or challenge behind it. So I started anew with a self-imposed limitation to overcome, that I had to do every post in exactly 49 words. It's held my attention much longer because now it's an exercise.

I'm just saying that if you're looking to your blog to "play around with writing", to actually work on self-improvement, you may get much more out of it if you structure it in some way instead of just writing random essays that come into your head like most everyone else does. Not necessarily a limitation of structure like mine has, but maybe sticking to a specific running topic or applied viewpoint or something.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Pudge said...

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. Actual usable constructive criticism. I dig it. thanks.

I checked out your site once before on the recommendation of Ambs77. I'm curious; how many times has some idiot commented that they're going to start a competing blog entitled 48words ala the Harland Williams "7 minute abs" schtick from There's Something About Mary?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Luchy72 said...

Nobody has, but that was actually the original reason it's 49 words instead of 50 words.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home