Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tadd


It is no secret that I am not enamored with my job. I have, however, had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people during my time here. A few post comments on my blog from time to time. There is one gentleman that I have not gotten to know really well. I've never hung out with him outside of work. But he is such a character that I just felt compelled to write about him. That man is Tadd of "The Luke and Tadd Show" fame (see my "Other Links"). To say this guy marches to the beat of a different drummer does not do him justice. He's just a strange cat. Like Uncle Scruffles.
Yesterday I noticed that Tadd came to work wearing skate shoes. I don't mean Vans. I mean those shoes that have wheels on the bottom and allow the wearer to glide around as if on roller skates. I couldn't believe it.
Me: Tadd, you are a grown ass man wearing roller shoes....at work.
Tadd: Yeah. They're sweet. Check it!
With that Tadd turned and glided down the corridor between rows of cubicles. As he reached the end of the isle he attempted a hard right turn and lost his balance. With 4 of his coworkers looking on Tadd crashed into a cubicle partition and ended up on his back; legs in the air with one wheel still spinning.
I felt a little bad for him so I stood over him boisterously pointing and laughing for several minutes. I only wish that Luke had captured the whole thing on camera so that it could be posted on their website. Perhaps with some slow motion sequences and Joe Esposito's "You're The Best Around" playing in the background. It would have been gold Jerry. Gold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home