Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Brain melt...

I've been trying to learn networking from scratch. I get in early (7am) and go over my notes from the previous day's training. Then it's training class from 8am until 5:30 or 6:00pm with a 1 hr. lunch. Then I go home. I have been spending my commutes listening to The Davinci Code audiobook. I eat something from a sack in front of the tv (My extended sports package on my cable allows me to watch local college baseball broadcasts from all over the country). Then I study for another hour or two and go to bed. I start all over again every morning at 5:45am.

I have a head ache from staring at a computer screen for 12 hours a day. My brain is oozing words like egress capacity, terabytes, and routing protocol. The truth is that my previous job had ceased to stimulate my brain in any way. The new one has been like a shot in the arm because I'm learning all about something I previously knew little about. I feel like the people I work for are scary smart, something I never experienced at my previous job.

The next part is actually performing and that gives me that little burning self doubt in the pit of my stomach. So, I douse that burning with a concoction of water, barley, and hopps...just kidding. I'm taking a deep breath, trying to have some faith, and every time I don't want to work/study I tell myself that I need to do this.

1 Comments:

Blogger ambs77 said...

Hey! Does that mean that you never thought Swinky and I were wicked smart??

Hang in there. It will become second nature after awhile.

It's usually the hardest things (most challenging) that reap the most rewards in the long run. I know you have it in you!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home