Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hoops

I’ve got an adult league basketball game tonight. I play with PZ and Spicoli both of whom read my blog. PZ has suggested that I write about our games. The truth is there is nothing that interesting about these games. We actually win most of our games and nobody, other than me, is laughably inadequate. The season has thus far lacked the quality storylines that were abundant during the ’05 campaign. I haven’t yet been ejected for berating a terrified female referee. PZ hasn’t started fisticuffs buy intentionally firing the ball at an opposing player’s groin on a throw in. Due to personnel changes we are no longer treated to The Snowman’s nightly Kobe Bryant impersonation.

The biggest difference in this year’s squad is the loss of Johnny Nap. J-Nap. Johnny Cakes. Cakes is a great guy. He is not, however, the most gifted athlete. We’ll just say he was our “hustle guy”. The beautiful thing about The Nap is that he would invite girls to come watch our games. I could never figure this out. It’s roughly the equivalent of me inviting a girl I would like to date to read my blog before we meet for dinner. Not a great idea. Johnny would invite some young lady to watch him play basketball, which he’s not good at, in some high school gym against a bunch of out of shape thirty-somethings and then refuse to play! He averaged about two minutes a game. One in the first half and another in the second. I remember sucking wind saying, “Johnny, I need a breather. Sub for me at the next dead ball.” He just said, “Nah. I’m good.”

Did I mention his rec-specs? Niice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home